Hello I wanted to provide some feedback on the Hackspace definition, but I am prohibited from posting in that category or even replying.
Hi Tom / All
Apologies for the confusion, we’ll be issuing some better comms in a couple of days (see here for the plan) along with a survey to gather info/spokespeople for the rest of the UK hackspaces.
At that point we’ll start adding those spokespeople into the read-only areas of the forum and bringing them up to speed on what’s been going on. To be clear - we’re not trying to exclude/alienate anyone, just trying to avoid being swamped with bringing lots of people up to speed at once.
I am not connected to any spaces.
Out of personal interest, have you ever been?
Yes, my credentials:
- I co-founded and was director of South London Makerspace until 2016.
- I was a member of London Hackspace.
- I setup and ran London Maker Faire for two consecutive years.
- I’ve helped organise two London Arduino Days.
- I’ve co-organised a series of events called Maker Assembly which have run in London, Belfast, Sheffield, Manchester and soon Edinburgh which critically explore maker culture in the UK and further afield.
- I’ve attended a couple EMFs.
But I am not a member or director of any spaces at present.