Open Workshop London - Summer 2018

OWL Summer 2018

Thursday, 24th May 2018 at 19:00

For our second OWL of 2018 will be visiting Institute of Making in central London.

As usual we will be working on a BYO scheme, so if everyone brings their favourite snacks and drinks with enough to share we can make up a table of nibbles for everyone. So bring your own and a bit to share.

As we’ve visited the institute before we’ll do a tour from about 19:00-19:30 and then jump straight into the meeting at 19:30, so please be early if you want to have a look around, we’ll then follow up with the usual updates from spaces and a talking topic, please feel free to email me suggestions.

Directions

What is OWL?

Open Workshop London, OWL is a meet-up for trustees/directors, staff that are setting up or running spaces, and those involved in the wider community, although based in London, we move around to different venues each quarter, folks from outside London are welcome and encouraged to join us.

The event doesn’t specifically exclude members of spaces but it is focused more at those involved in the organisation of spaces.

Open workshop is a term coined by Liz Corbin (openworkshopnetwork.com broadly encapulating:

• Makerspaces
  • Hackspaces (Foundation) / Hackerspaces
  • Fablabs
  • Mensheds
  • Bike repair
  • Arts/sculpture/print making spaces
1 Like

Just a little bump for folks, this is in 2 weeks, please RSVP here if you are coming so we can get an idea of numbers.

Hi All,
I hope to be able to make it tomorrow, look forward to catching up with you folks !

Which space are you staff/director or a trustee of?

Surrey and Hampshire MakerSpace down in Guildford :slight_smile:

Ah.

Well blast, I chose a bad time to start getting caught up on these forums!

Next time we’ll be visiting Building Bloqs around late September or early October.

1 Like

Did I miss this meetup guys?

No, I have just been busy and haven’t had a chance to chase the people who were meant to host it, realistically we’ll skip this one.