Open Workshop London – Summer 2017

OWL Summer 2017

Thursday, 15th June 2017 at 19:30

It’s our second OWL of 2017 we’re finally ticking Makerversity off the list, as they’ve kindly offered to host us.

We will be working on a BYO scheme, so if everyone brings their favourite snacks and drinks with enough to share we can make up a table of nibbles for everyone. So bring your own and a bit to share.

We’ll do a tour at 19:30, with the usual updates from spaces.

What is OWL?

Open Workshop London, OWL is a meet-up for trustees/directors, staff that are setting up or running spaces, and those involved in the wider community, although based in London, we move around to different venues each quarter, folks from outside London are welcome and encouraged to join us.

The event doesn’t specifically exclude members of spaces but it is focused more at those involved in the organisation of spaces.

Open workshop is a term coined by Liz Corbin (openworkshopnetwork.com broadly encapulating:

• Makerspaces
  • Hackspaces (Foundation) / Hackerspaces
  • Fablabs
  • Mensheds
  • Bike repair
  • Arts/sculpture/print making spaces
2 Likes

I am in the process of setting up a maker space in West London.
i]Knviting people to get involved, there is a large space for event and workshop/artstudios near Kewbridge by the river at Watermans Park next to Watermans Art Centre. please contact me.

@herx, I’m PMing you my email.