– Open Source Hardware Camp 2018 –
This year Open Source Hardware Camp will take place over the weekend
of Saturday 30th June & Sunday 1st July, at the Blue Room, Lincoln, LN1 3BU.
We’re excited to be hosting OSHCamp for the first time ever in the historic county town of Lincoln — home to, amongst others, noted engine builders Ruston & Hornsby (now Siemens, via GEC and English Electric). Lincoln is well served by rail, reachable from Leeds and London within 2-2.5 hours, and 4-5 hours from Edinburgh and Southampton.
Proposals for talks and workshops for OSHCamp 2018 are invited!
There is no theme and topics may include, for example:
- Open source hardware projects
- Open development practices and principles
- Novel/interesting/fun projects built using open source hardware
- Tools (hardware and software)
- Skills and techniques, e.g. PCB fab, DIY SMT assembly
- Relevant technologies, e.g. SPI/I2C bus programming
- …something else relevant to the community
If you would like to give a talk on the Saturday and/or run a workshop
on the Sunday, please submit details via the form at:
Any questions can either be directed to the list or sent to email@example.com.
**** Note that the deadline for submitting titles and abstracts is Monday 25th March at 17:00. If you would like to discuss ideas etc. please get in touch sooner, rather than later. ****
A social is planned for the Saturday evening and details of accommodation nearby to the venue will be provided in due course.