Fundraising Class Interest?

I lead a fundraising class this month and I LOVED doing it. It helped me in the research work I need to do for the bid I am working on, and helped participants work out their challenges and opportunities in developing their community and makerspace projects.

I have previously taught and lead development projects in:

• Class Giving
  • Annual Giving
  • Bid and Grant Writing
  • Council Tenders
  • Corporate Fundraising
  • Corporate Sponsorship
  • Corporate Tenders
  • Monthly Giving
  • Major Gifts
  • Corporate Social Responsibility
  • Give As You Earn
  • Charity of the Year

On average, groups who have taken my courses were able to retain 96% of their fundraisers three or more years after the programme.

I would be happy to organise a livestream fundraising class for hackspaces around the country. If there is interest, we could arrange a Hangout or figure out a solution to make it work. I could deliver this in the evening or on a weekend, but I work during the day. My goal would be to do a fundraising class once per month. I can give up to three hours per month for this activity. If you represent a group, I recommend all those who are involved in your development activities (or want to be) to get involved with this training activity.

When I work at multiple groups at once, the real value is reciprocity and cross-referral. Each group will have six minutes to present their challenge / need / opportunity, we will then work over the interface to develop solutions and strategies. No matter whether the class addresses your needs or not, you are sure to learn fun and useful ways to approach your most important capacity building challenges.

If you’re interested, leave a note. Let’s schedule this! If you’re interested in doing an in-person session, please leave a note, too.

2 Likes