Donkey saw and engraving machine, free to a good home before April

Due to an impending house move, I have two large machine tools I need to rehome ASAP. I’ve got a hard deadline of the end of March. They’re both now free to a good home.

First is a floorstanding Taylor Hobson model D pantograph engraving machine. It’s 99% restored. The vertical adjustment needs tweaking as the preload currently makes it very very stiff. The belts could probably use changing. The only real issue is the cutter is stuck in the spindle. There’s a mixed bundle of plastic copy that came with it. Approximately 254Kg.

The other is a Qualter & Smith QSH6 6" Sawmaster power hacksaw. A previous owner has made a flawed repair to the frame/bowslide of the saw, leaving it skewed. It either needs a custom shim/blademount making to cut straight, or for the frame to be properly repaired/replaced. It currently has a 3ph motor, but has been tested and works. Should take any 1440rpm motor iirc, if you want to convert it. Approximately 280Kg.

Both are currently stored under a lean-to shelter in a back garden in East London, near Chingford. There is a side-gate but there’s a drop to street level of about a foot onto soft dirt before pavement. It’s unlikely I’ll be able to help move them much, so you’ll need at least a few strong people to help move them, even dismantled, and probably some sturdy wheeled cart to get them to the roadside.

Please forward this to anyone you think might be interested as I really don’t want to see them go to the scrap man.