Funding Announcement

It’s going to be a little while until we start allocating grants, not least because we need to get the foundation itself shipshape first.

Assuming we go ahead with the provisional grant plan, we’ll be publishing full documentation on the application process, the kinds of things that the HSF will fund, and the maximum amounts we’re willing to fund by category. It is likely that we’ll go down the same route as many funding organisations and ask that a percentage of the funds from the HSF are fund-matched by the group requesting them.

Regarding @unknowndomain’s comment about funding; I’m going to be looking for potential grant organisations we can apply to for more funding. If we find any that look suitable, I’ll suggest that we hire a professional grant-writer using the funds we have - yes it’s possible for us to do it voluntarily, but it is a colossal amount of work and people who do this professionally substantially boost your chances. It’s possible I may be able to persuade someone to work pro bono, but no guarantees!

If anyone would like to help with that, let me know.

3 Likes